Professional Experience & Contributions
Community Relations InternSPOKANE TEACHERS CREDIT UNION (STCU) – Spokane, WA Sep 2015 – Present
Assist Community Relations Department with outreach in the states of Washington and Idaho. Increase visibility and establish community ties in accordance to the mission and goals of STCU.
- Wrote two press releases that were published by two major media sources.
- Appeared on the local network news, as a representative of STCU, at a sponsored community event.
- Wrote multiple posts that were published on the STCU blog.
Opinions EditorTHE WHITWORTHIAN – Spokane, WA Sep 2014 – Dec 2015
Managed editorial staff and planned publications in accordance to style/editorial policies assuring all content met publishing requirements. Coordinated cross-functional tasks across multiple departments to allocate page layouts and design. Developed and managed editorial deadlines for digital and print news copy. Assigned/approved layouts, edited and proofread copy, and wrote column editorials.
- Won 5th place “Best in Show” award from the College Media Association for best non-daily newspaper.
- Created two new weekly columns utilizing input from over 500 students.
- Wrote a weekly editorial reaching 2,500 students and alumni.
Resident AssistantWHITWORTH UNIVERSITY – Spokane, WA Sep 2013 – May 2015
Facilitated and assisted student’s personal, social, and academic living adjustments to university lifestyle, socially and academically. Provided peer mentorship/guidance and acted as a positive role model to incoming and continuing students. Handled conflict resolution and created, organized, and managed residential activities. Communicated and enforced university policy and procedures.
- Created and organized Fall Fest, the first annual full campus event.
- Implemented eight monthly diverse programs for an average of 10 students.
- Achieved 100% compliance rate for providing and delivering overviews of policies and procedures.
Visitation SupervisorDEPARTMENT OF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES (DSHS) – Spokane, WA Nov 2012 – May 2015
Supervised and provided transportation to/from court-ordered visitation for children placed in foster care due to abuse and/or neglect. Observed, assessed, and documented parent-child interactions. Organized, copied, and filed case records.
- Provided critical emotional stability for children in crisis.
- Supervised court-ordered visitation for an average of three families.
- Maintained 100% transportation safety record.
Childcare ProviderYMCA CHILDWATCH/ADVENTURE ZONE – Mill Creek, WA May 2012 – Present
FFacilitate and engage in educational activities and games for an average of 15 children. Initiate and maintain positive relationships with family members and staff. Maintain supplies, equipment, and materials.
- Maintained a perfect safety record for 16 consecutive quarters.
- Successfully completed annual corporate training reviews.
Community Service and Volunteer Work
Intake VolunteerHAND-IN-HAND – Everett, WA Feb 2012 – Present
- Provide nurturing and compassionate care, for children recently removed from their home environment, at Hand-in-Hand’s safe place facility.
One Voice Events VolunteerJACKSON HIGH SCHOOL – Everett, WA Feb 2011 – Present
- Developed and provided oversight for student events involving human trafficking issues.
International Service VolunteerSALT ACADEMY – Battambang, Cambodia Summers 2004 – 2011
- Worked with marginalized youth/girls rescued from human trafficking and orphanages in Cambodia.
Awards & Honors
- ICW-Violet A. Boyer Scholarship recipient (2014-2015)
- Sharon Nelson Scholarship recipient (2013-2015)
- Most Inspirational for High School Soccer (2009-2012)
- Mill Creek Rotary Student of the Year (2012)
- Mill Creek Journal Student of the Month (2011)
- AP Scholar (2011-2012)
- Whitworth University Communications, Departmental Scholarship Award (2011)
Bachelor of Arts, Communication, Minor in Political ScienceWhitworth University, Spokane, WA 2015
Certificate of StudyUniversity of the Nations (U of N), Kona, HI Sep 2005 – Feb 2006
- Community Relations and Outreach
- Cross-functional Team Management
- Press Releases
- Publishing Layout and Design
- Editorials and Written Communication
- Public Speaking
- Leadership and Development
- Program and Project Management
- AP and Creative Writing
- Intercultural Exchange / Cultural Immersion
- International Mission Work
- InDesign Publishing Software